Friday, August 2, 2013

Floral and Jeans + A Quick DIY Fix


Maternity Jeans: Old Navy | Top: Zellers
Necklace: Thrifted

With a baby bump, I feel like my closet has opened up to so many more possibilities. Not sure if I'm the only one that does this, but I do have clothes that I avoid wearing more than others because I might feel like they make me look fat or make my stomach fat show. And I just hang on to those shirts, cause I really do like them.. just self conscious in them most of the time. But now with being pregnant and having a baby bump poking out I feel like I have so much more freedom with clothing! Everything looks cute and I'm {for the most part} not self conscious of my tummy. I don't have to hide my belly! haha! This is one of those tops that I don't often wear, but I just think it's so pretty! I love the ruched arms. 

I rarely ever would wear this aqua necklace because it was super short and hard to put on and off. I really don't care for the feeling of short bulky necklaces laying on my skin either. So I decided to fix that little problem so I could wear it with this outfit! I already had the supplies on hand too. 


With my little pliers, I opened up the original clasp and removed it.


Then opened up the pieces attached to the necklace..

  
.. and added enough jump rings to make it longer, and added a new clasp.



SO much better and way more comfortable! 



No comments:

Post a Comment